- National Parks and Reserves
- Natural Attractions
- Parks and Gardens
- Historical Sites and Heritage Locations
- Entertainment Venues
Winton Wetlands Reserve is unique in so many ways. It’s spectacular. It’s enriching. It’s engaging. Above all, it’s fun.
The largest wetlands restoration project in the southern hemisphere, the Winton Wetlands brings people, groups and communities together to renew themselves, the landscape and their passion for the great outdoors.
Located in north east Victoria, the 8,750 hectare site features 32 wetlands, over 4,900 hectares of red gum and box grassy woodland and is home to a huge variety of flora and fauna, including over 180 species of birds.
Visitors to Winton Wetlands can connect with the site in any number of ways. Whether it be a memorable walk, an adventurous bike ride or a relaxing visit to the Mokoan Hub and Café.
With thousands of years of Indigenous cultural heritage, the site provides a wonderful insight into the ways of the Yorta Yorta people and an understanding of why the site continues to be so important to them.
The Wetlands are in a constant state of change so every visit reveals something new and interesting. Come and discover for yourself what makes Winton Wetlands such a special place.
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Nature & Wildlife
- Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- Coach Parking
- Public Toilet
- Picnic Area
- Conference/Convention Facilities